Forum migration to pbpbb3.
Today we migrated our forum from myUPB to phpbb3. Also, from now, wiki logins are integrated with forum, so, once you login to wiki, you're logged-in in forum, and vice versa. We migrated all old wiki users, so, login/password are still the same.
Migration to the new hosting.
Today we started migration of osfree.org to another hosting. Here we'll have more powerful server with more disk space, RAM and network bandwidth.
Migration to GitHub.
Today Oxyd finished migration of our source code repository from SourceForge to GitHub. Our new repository is https://github.com/osfree-project/osfree/. We welcome new contributions and pull requests, since now.
Migration to Genode is started.
We started to create the required abstraction layers to make the osFree OS/2 personality more portable. This will allow us to also create L4Re and Genode ports. As our OS/2 personality is currently based on an outdated and abandoned L4Env OS framework, we need to migrate to a more alive and developing framework. Most promising is Genode OS framework, though, L4Re, which is a successor for L4Env is also evolving and it supports more hardware platforms, than Genode. So, ideally, we need ports of our OS/2 personality to both. Currently, Genode has more priority, the port is in progress.
RSS feeds repaired, the fight with spambots seems to reach the end
After server crash at the end of 2012, the site is being repaired from Feb.-Mar. 2013 until now. Now the wiki is being filled with info (some of which is restored from web.archive.org), and parts of Forum too. So, welcome to our new site! Also, until now, some code were committed to the repo (namely, fat32.ifs with FORMAT routine enabled (by valerius), and also commits by Viking, fixing some problems with build system under linux etc.)
A presentation of osFree on CC'2011
August 28, osFree team member Vadim Priluzkiy (aka Oxyd) has demonstrated osFree OS/2 personality working together with l4linux over L4 microkernel. The presentation was carried out during the Chaos Constructions'2011 yearly Computer Art Festival. (http://party11.cc.org.ru), the presentation video is here: http://youtube.com/watch?v=yxE6Jy3SQ04
We have linked our channels #osfree @ eCSNet and #osfree @ EFNet. All messages in one channel are translated to another channel. Also we reviewing our release and development position to be more effective. As always, we are welcome new developers in many areas (DOS/WIN16 and OS/2 subsystems).
Registration in forums at osfree.org site is enbled recently. Please report forum bugs and render problems to us in “osfree.org site” forum.
We released this preview to show actual possibility of LX executables (native OS/2 executable file format) to be run on top of L4. Output from LX executable is “I am really small!” phrase. Other things are debug output. Our executable uses msg.dll which uses doscalls.dll. So, linking also works. Also we present here osFree loader which allows to load as Multiboot compatible kernels as native OS/2 kernel. Loader is modular and easy to extend. Next release will provide some interactive like directory browsing and files execution. See roadmap at www.osfree.org for more info.
New logo and site fixes
We replaced our old logo by new modern one. Thanks to Alexander Kramer for this work. Also we fixed small annoying bugs in our CMS. Thanks to Kim Haverblad for the help.
Better news service at #osFree
Starting from now irc://irc.efnet.net#osfree channel supports rss news translation to channel. You will see any changes of project immediatly. Thanks to Yoda for bot extending.
EFNet bots changed
EFNet bots osfreebot and osfree is dead. We are glad to present new bot: osFree2. Thanks to Yoda for bot hosting.
News around osFree
- osFree.org site • Re: Good to see this up and running by admin (2018/12/20 22:54)
- osFree.org site • Re: Good to see this up and running by admin (2018/12/20 22:48)
- osFree.org site • Re: Good to see this up and running by admin (2018/12/20 22:45)
- osFree.org site • Re: Good to see this up and running by admin (2018/12/20 22:43)
- osFree.org site • Re: Good to see this up and running by admin (2018/12/20 22:42)
- osFree.org site • Good to see this up and running by admin (2018/12/20 22:41)
- osFree.org site • New forum posts on main page by admin (2018/12/20 22:40)
- osFree.org site • Negative image is great by admin (2018/12/20 22:38)
- osFree.org site • Re: New osFree logos by admin (2018/12/20 22:37)
- osFree.org site • by admin (2018/12/20 22:35)
- osFree.org site • New osFree logos by admin (2018/12/20 22:32)
- osFree.org site • by admin (2018/12/20 22:30)
- osFree.org site • by admin (2018/12/20 22:29)
- osFree.org site • Re: ReDesign by admin (2018/12/20 22:28)
- osFree.org site • ReDesign by admin (2018/12/20 22:26)
- #osFree channel • Re: Channel opened! by admin (2018/12/20 22:57)
OS/2 Personality Command line tools
- OS/2 Personality command-line tools • 0.0.3.1 release by admin (2018/12/20 23:01)
- OS/2 Personality command-line tools • Re: wipfc by admin (2018/12/20 22:59)
OS/2 Personality REXX support
- OS/2 Personality REXX support • Re: 16-bit REXX API, CMD.EXE and other by admin (2018/12/20 23:05)
DOS Personality Command Line Tools
- DOS Personality command-line tools • 0.0.2 release by admin (2018/12/20 23:08)
- Boot sequence • by admin (2018/12/21 00:45)
- Boot sequence • by admin (2018/12/21 00:44)
- Boot sequence • by admin (2018/12/21 00:41)
- Boot sequence • Re: Ideas for FreeLdr by admin (2018/12/21 00:40)
- Boot sequence • by admin (2018/12/21 00:37)
- Boot sequence • by admin (2018/12/21 00:36)
- Boot sequence • Ideas for FreeLdr by admin (2018/12/21 00:32)
- Boot sequence • OS/3 Boot System: Prototype 1 by admin (2018/12/21 00:27)
- Boot sequence • by admin (2018/12/21 00:21)
- Boot sequence • by admin (2018/12/21 00:19)
- Boot sequence • by admin (2018/12/21 00:16)
- Boot sequence • by admin (2018/12/21 00:14)
- Boot sequence • by admin (2018/12/21 00:13)
- Boot sequence • What is the status of the microFSD? by admin (2018/12/21 00:11)
- Boot sequence • better slow than no activity by admin (2018/12/21 00:09)
osFree related projects news
This page containg changelogs from projects which replaces OS/2 components and will be reused (most probably) without changes.
- Changeset : % DriveInfoUnit moved to Library by rbri (2016/08/28 16:56)% DriveInfoUnit? moved to Library
- Changeset : add missing file by rbri (2016/05/22 13:14)add missing file
- Changeset : add missing file by rbri (2016/05/22 13:14)add missing file
- Changeset : lib is now back in sync with old trunk by rbri (2016/05/22 13:06)lib is now back in sync with old trunk
- Changeset : another update by rbri (2016/05/22 13:02)another update
- Changeset : code format by rbri (2016/05/22 12:31)code format
- Changeset : another update by rbri (2016/05/22 12:31)another update
- Changeset : use stuff from the libs by rbri (2016/05/22 12:09)use stuff from the libs
Fat32 IFS Changelog
- Changeset : - fat32.ifs: fix warnings when compiling with MSC - fat32.ifs: fix ... by valerius (2018/10/16 20:04)fat32.ifs: fix warnings when compiling with MSC fat32.ifs: fix trash in short file name when generating it for "[.exe" file on exFAT Fix short file name generation for CHKDSK.LOG on FAT12/16/32 in CHKDSK (short file name was " ~1 ", whereas the long one was "CHKDSK.LOG"). Now long file name is "chkdsk.log, and short one is 'CHKDSK LOG'"
- Changeset : fat32.ifs: Small number case fix. by valerius (2018/10/14 23:20)fat32.ifs: Small number case fix.
- Changeset : fat32.ifs: MakeShortName fixes for exFAT case - Use strtol instead of ... by valerius (2018/10/14 22:56)fat32.ifs: MakeShortName? fixes for exFAT case Use strtol instead of atoi, so that the hex. number is correctly converted from string to integer. So, now file names with hex. digits following a tilde, are opened successfully. Uppercase hex numbers
- Changeset : fat32.ifs: Short to long filenames translation for exFAT - Implement ... by valerius (2018/10/14 20:23)fat32.ifs: Short to long filenames translation for exFAT Implement TranslateName? and MakeShortName? for exFAT case, so that, we can work with files having long dile names on exFAT in VDM Additional fixes for heap corruption when doing strcpy: allocate CCHMAXPATHCOMP + 1, instead of CCHMAXPATHCOMP bytes for path buffers in several places, so that, terminating zero doesn't corrupt the heap on strcpy
- Changeset : - Remove unneeded debug messages - Small followup fix to previous ... by valerius (2018/10/08 02:15)Remove unneeded debug messages Small followup fix to previous commit: Don't use pszDir variable to receive a new value. So that, the correct initial value is passed to free() and the string is successfully freed. Uncomment exFAT-specific code in TranslateName?.
- Changeset : fat32.ifs: Fix heap corruption, introduced in r368. (allocate one more ... by valerius (2018/10/08 01:30)fat32.ifs: Fix heap corruption, introduced in r368. (allocate one more byte, for a zero terminator).
- Changeset : - Documentation updates - Additional fixes for non-watcom compilers. ... by valerius (2018/10/07 06:34)Documentation updates Additional fixes for non-watcom compilers. Attempts to build ring3 utilities with VAC.
- Changeset : fat32.ifs: MSC compatibility fixes. by valerius (2018/10/02 23:16)fat32.ifs: MSC compatibility fixes.
VirtualBox for OS/2 Changelog
- Changeset : VBox OS/2 additions: - Don't call VbglR0SfRead with a NULL buffer ... by valerius (2018/12/09 11:13)VBox OS/2 additions: Don't call VbglR0SfRead with a NULL buffer address. This caused ERROR_INVALID_PARAMETER returned from the host call, and thus, FS_READ didn't work in case of OS/2 guest over OS/2 host.
- Changeset : Add missing define. by valerius (2018/11/23 15:39)Add missing define.
- Changeset : VBox OS/2 additions: - Change some numeric values to corresponding ... by valerius (2018/11/23 15:11)VBox OS/2 additions: Change some numeric values to corresponding constants defined in <fsd.h> Attempt to fix FS_OPENCREATE behaviour Add forgotten vbxgradd.dll file
- Changeset : VBox OS/2 additions: - Add timestamp and PID/TID to each line output ... by valerius (2018/11/20 20:08)VBox OS/2 additions: Add timestamp and PID/TID to each line output to log. Support for FIL_QUERYEASFROMLIST[L] options to DosFindFirst?. So, from now, WPS Drives object should work. Support for FIL_QUERYEASFROMLIST[L] in FS_PATHINFO and FS_FILEINFO as well. Fix for FS_FILEATTRIBUTE on a root directoriy. This fixes the "dir vboxsrv\sharename" command. It no more fails when issued from CMD.EXE. Fix FS_VERIFYUNCNAME, so that, it now works if more than one UNC IFS is installed. Use KernSISData to get pointed to Global Infoseg.
- Changeset : VBox OS/2 additions: - VBoxService: allow vboxsf.cfg file to have ... by valerius (2018/11/16 21:31)VBox OS/2 additions: VBoxService: allow vboxsf.cfg file to have leading or trailing spaces. Check if a drive letter specified in vboxsf.cfg is already occupied.
- Changeset : VBox OS/2 additions: - Include binary versions of xsmouse.sys, ... by valerius (2018/11/16 19:43)VBox OS/2 additions: Include binary versions of xsmouse.sys, VBoxMouse.sys and vbxgradd.dll. vbxmouse.dll is a renamed gengradd.dll from Oracle's OS/2 Additions. Just to not confuse one with another. Include Oracle's readme.txt for OS/2 Additions. Will be updated later. Add a makefile for automaatically creating the OS/2 Additions ISO.
- Changeset : VBoxService: commit a forgotten mouse sevice implementation. by valerius (2018/11/16 18:34)VBoxService: commit a forgotten mouse sevice implementation.
- Changeset : VBox OS/2 additions: - Fix VBoxService quitting after mounting the ... by valerius (2018/11/16 18:32)VBox OS/2 additions: Fix VBoxService quitting after mounting the shared folders Support for shared folders drive letters pinning. Now the drive letters can be pinned by specifying them per each share in \os2\boot\vboxsf.cfg. Attempts to implement a ring3 mouse sevice, working with Wim Brul's XSMOUSE$ driver. Not working, yet.
UniAudio driver Changelog
- Changeset : Removed broken/unusable forcecard option. Fixed Ensoniq driver selection. by dazarewicz (2018/11/17 03:23)Removed broken/unusable forcecard option. Fixed Ensoniq driver selection.
- Changeset : Tag version 2.02.04 by dazarewicz (2018/01/18 18:02)Tag version 2.02.04
- Changeset : Reverted one change which caused problems for many systems. by dazarewicz (2018/01/10 12:01)Reverted one change which caused problems for many systems.
- Changeset : Incorporated changes from Andy. Added limited MSI support. by dazarewicz (2018/01/08 01:07)Incorporated changes from Andy. Added limited MSI support.
- Changeset : Documentation updates. by dazarewicz (2017/06/26 00:58)Documentation updates.
- Changeset : Changed behavior of /A paramater. by dazarewicz (2017/06/25 19:57)Changed behavior of /A paramater.
- Changeset : Tag version 1.9.7 by dazarewicz (2017/05/18 15:15)Tag version 1.9.7
- Changeset : Tag version 2.02.02 by dazarewicz (2017/05/18 15:14)Tag version 2.02.02
UniPort driver Changelog
- Changeset : Update readmes, germanize german version, new icon by herwigb (2017/08/16 07:59)Update readmes, germanize german version, new icon
- Changeset : Cleanup makefile, add german strings for de/uni.dlg, update ... by herwigb (2017/08/08 09:07)Cleanup makefile, add german strings for de/uni.dlg, update en/uni.dlg, declare build.cmd obsolete
- Changeset : Beta 1 build by herwigb (2015/11/03 14:15)Beta 1 build
- Changeset : PS header option code by herwigb (2010/06/02 05:49)PS header option code
- Changeset : PS header settings option code by herwigb (2010/05/21 06:14)PS header settings option code
- Changeset : Streamline code by herwigb (2010/05/08 16:13)Streamline code
- Changeset : Split parameter string into separate parameters by herwigb (2010/05/07 16:49)Split parameter string into separate parameters
- Changeset : Implemented Find button, fixed length limit by herwigb (2010/04/21 17:37)Implemented Find button, fixed length limit