Add this page to your book
Remove this page from your book
Table of Contents
This is part of Family API which allow to create dual-os version of program runs under OS/2 and DOS
Note: This is legacy API call. It is recommended to use 32-bit equivalent
This call writes a cell (character-attribute pair) to the display a specified number of times.
VioWrtNCell (Cell, Times, Row, Column, VioHandle)
- Cell (PBYTE) - input : Address of the character-attribute(s) cell (2 or 4 bytes) to be written.
- Times (USHORT) - input : Number of times to write the cell.
- Row (USHORT) - input : Starting cursor row.
- Column (USHORT) - input : Starting cursor column.
- VioHandle (HVIO) - input : This must be zero unless the caller is a Presentation Manager application, in which case it must be the value returned by VioGetPs.
rc (USHORT) - return
Return code descriptions are:
- 0 NO_ERROR
- 355 ERROR_VIO_MODE
- 358 ERROR_VIO_ROW
- 359 ERROR_VIO_COL
- 436 ERROR_VIO_INVALID_HANDLE
- 465 ERROR_VIO_DETACHED
If a repeated write gets to the end of the line and is not complete, the write continues at the beginning of the next line. If the write gets to the end of the screen, the write terminates.
Write a cell (character-attribute) to the Advanced VIO presentation space a specified number of times. The caller must specify the starting location on the presentation space where the string is to be written.
#define INCL_VIO USHORT rc = VioWrtNCell(Cell, Times, Row, Column, VioHandle); PBYTE Cell; /* Cell to be written */ USHORT Times; /* Repeat count */ USHORT Row; /* Starting row position for output */ USHORT Column; /* Starting column position for output */ HVIO VioHandle; /* Video handle */ USHORT rc; /* return code */
EXTRN VioWrtNCell:FAR INCL_VIO EQU 1 PUSH@ OTHER Cell ;Cell to be written PUSH WORD Times ;Repeat count PUSH WORD Row ;Starting row position for output PUSH WORD Column ;Starting column position for output PUSH WORD VioHandle ;Video handle CALL VioWrtNCell Returns WORD
Text based on http://www.edm2.com/index.php/VioWrtNCell_(FAPI)