Add this page to your book
Remove this page from your book
Table of Contents
This is part of Family API which allow to create dual-os version of program runs under OS/2 and DOS
Note: This is legacy API call. It is recommended to use 32-bit equivalent
This call writes a character string with repeated attribute to the display.
VioWrtCharStrAtt (CharStr, Length, Row, Column, Attr, VioHandle)
- CharStr (PCH) - input : Address of the character string to be written.
- Length (USHORT) - input : Length, in bytes, of the character string.
- Row (USHORT) - input : Starting cursor row.
- Column (USHORT) - input : Starting cursor column.
- Attr (PBYTE) - input : Address of the attribute(s) (1 or 3 bytes) to be used in the display buffer for each character of the string written.
- VioHandle (HVIO) - input : This must be zero unless the caller is a Presentation Manager application, in which case it must be the value returned by VioGetPs.
rc (USHORT) - return
Return code descriptions are:
- 0 NO_ERROR
- 355 ERROR_VIO_MODE
- 358 ERROR_VIO_ROW
- 359 ERROR_VIO_COL
- 436 ERROR_VIO_INVALID_HANDLE
- 465 ERROR_VIO_DETACHED
If a string write gets to the end of the line and is not complete, the string write continues at the beginning of the next line. If the write gets to the end of the screen, the write terminates.
Write a character string with a repeated attribute string to the Advanced VIO presentation space. The caller must specify the starting location on the presentation space where the string is to be written.
#define INCL_VIO USHORT rc = VioWrtCharStrAtt(CharStr, Length, Row, Column, Attr, VioHandle); PCH CharStr; /* String to be written */ USHORT Length; /* Length of string */ USHORT Row; /* Starting row position for output */ USHORT Column; /* Starting column position for output */ PBYTE Attr; /* Attribute to be replicated */ HVIO VioHandle; /* Video handle */ USHORT rc; /* return code */
EXTRN VioWrtCharStrAtt:FAR INCL_VIO EQU 1 PUSH@ OTHER CharStr ;String to be written PUSH WORD Length ;Length of string PUSH WORD Row ;Starting row position for output PUSH WORD Column ;Starting column position for output PUSH@ OTHER Attr ;Attribute to be replicated PUSH WORD VioHandle ;Video handle CALL VioWrtCharStrAtt Returns WORD
Text based on http://www.edm2.com/index.php/VioWrtCharStrAtt_(FAPI)