Add this page to your book
Remove this page from your book
Table of Contents
This is part of Family API which allow to create dual-os version of program runs under OS/2 and DOS
Note: This is legacy API call. It is recommended to use 32-bit equivalent
This call updates the physical display buffer with the logical video buffer (LVB).
VioShowBuf (Offset, Length, VioHandle)
- Offset (USHORT) - input : Starting offset within the logical video buffer at which the update to the screen is to start.
- Length (USHORT) - input : Length of the area to be updated to the screen.
- VioHandle (HVIO) - input : This must be zero unless the caller is a Presentation Manager application, in which case it must be the value returned by VioGetPs.
rc (USHORT) - return
Return code descriptions are:
- 0 NO_ERROR
- 355 ERROR_VIO_MODE
- 430 ERROR_VIO_ILLEGAL_DURING_POPUP
- 436 ERROR_VIO_INVALID_HANDLE
- 465 ERROR_VIO_DETACHED
VioShowBuf is ignored unless it is issued by a process that has previously called VioGetBuf and that is currently executing in the foreground.
This function updates the display with the Advanced VIO presentation space.
#define INCL_VIO USHORT rc = VioShowBuf(Offset, Length, VioHandle); USHORT Offset; /* Offset into LVB */ USHORT Length; /* Length */ HVIO VioHandle; /* Video handle */ USHORT rc; /* return code */
EXTRN VioShowBuf:FAR INCL_VIO EQU 1 PUSH WORD Offset ;Offset into LVB PUSH WORD Length ;Length PUSH WORD VioHandle ;Video handle CALL VioShowBuf Returns WORD
Text based on http://www.edm2.com/index.php/VioShowBuf_(FAPI)