Add this page to your book
Remove this page from your book
Table of Contents
This is part of Family API which allow to create dual-os version of program runs under OS/2 and DOS
Note: This is legacy API call. It is recommended to use 32-bit equivalent
This call returns the address of the logical video buffer (LVB).
VioGetBuf (LVBPtr, Length, VioHandle)
- LVBPtr (PULONG) - output : Address of the selector and offset of the logical video buffer. Applications should not assume the offset portion of this far address is 0.
- Length (PUSHORT) - output : Address of the length buffer in bytes. The length is: number of rows * number of columns * size of cell.
- VioHandle (HVIO) - input : This must be zero unless the caller is a Presentation Manager application, in which case it must be the value returned by VioGetPs.
rc (USHORT) - return
Return code descriptions are:
- 0 NO_ERROR
- 355 ERROR_VIO_MODE
- 430 ERROR_VIO_ILLEGAL_DURING_POPUP
- 436 ERROR_VIO_INVALID_HANDLE
- 465 ERROR_VIO_DETACHED
An application using VioGetBuf can prepare a screen in the application's own logical video buffer (LVB) offline. When the application is in the foreground, the physical screen buffer is updated from the LVB when VioShowBuf is issued. When the application runs in the background, the physical screen buffer is updated when the application is switched to the foreground.
Once VioGetBuf is issued, all VioWrtXX calls issued while the application is running in the foreground are written to the physical display buffer and LVB. If a VioGetPhysBuf is subsequently issued, then the VioWrtXX calls are only written to the physical display buffer. They are no longer written to the LVB.
VioGetMode may be used to determine the dimensions of the buffer.
If VioSetMode is issued following a VioGetBuf call, the size of the logical video buffer is adjusted to correspond to the new mode. There is one logical video buffer per session (or presentation space if AVIO application) that corresponds to the current mode on the current display configuration.
This function returns the address and length of the Advanced VIO presentation space. The presentation space may be used to directly manipulate displayed information.
#define INCL_VIO USHORT rc = VioGetBuf(LVBPtr, Length, VioHandle); PULONG LVBPtr; /* Points to LVB */ PUSHORT Length; /* Length of buffer */ HVIO VioHandle; /* Vio handle */ USHORT rc; /* return code */
EXTRN VioGetBuf:FAR INCL_VIO EQU 1 PUSH@ DWORD LVBPtr ;Points to LVB PUSH@ WORD Length ;Length of buffer PUSH WORD VioHandle ;Vio handle CALL VioGetBuf Returns WORD
Text based on http://www.edm2.com/index.php/VioGetBuf_(FAPI)